Wednesday, September 3, 2014

'Tis the Season....

...to be Tatting!

And I am!  Tatting up a storm - or a flurry - or maybe a blizzard!  I'm buried in Snow-flakes that is!  The Lace kind!  I have been tatting through some of my Snowflake Patterns - I've started with Vida Sunderman's book "Tatted Snowflakes". (I'll be posting photos of the flurry soon.)  I've had the book for years and have only made a few of the patterns.  This year I decided I'd tat my way through the book - and other books/patterns that I have stashed about.  I may find some 'new to me' snowflakes that I fall in love with.

I really enjoy the Dancing Snowflake and Jack Frost Snowflake from "The Big Book of Tatting".  I've made dozens and dozens of those - so many I can probably tat them in my sleep!

Meanwhile - working on the 25 Motif Challenge

This doily is of my own design.  I used Aunt Lydia's Size 10 in Aspen for the rings and Copper Mist for the chains.  I think it came together quite well.  (15)

This pattern is "Wedge Doiley" from intatters.  The pattern is an old one in the public domain but I used the diagram and instructions found in intatters.  This was made with Aunt Lydia's Size 10 Ocean for the rings and River Blue.  (16)



No comments: