Monday, September 22, 2008

More of the Challenge

I've been busy working on Tatting for Christmas. These are some of the items I've made to share this Holiday Season.

**Please note that not all of the patterns used in these photos are my own designs. I have purchased books and found free patterns online to work up. If you know where the patterns have been published, and I do not mention it, please let me know and I'll update the information. I always want to give credit where credit is due! Thanks.**



Motif #11

This is from a book - "Tatted Snowflakes" by Vida Sunderman. It is called 'Victorian Snowflake'. I believe in the book it is pictured with tiny roses in the middle. I didn't have roses, so I left it uncovered.
This was a fun pattern to work up. It is 2 rounds, but relatively quick.








Motif #12

This is from another book, "DMC Festive Tatting" and is titled "Motif #6".
This pattern is 1 round and a bit time-consuming. It's not a slow tat, though. It worked up quickly, I just found it hard to find a stopping place so I had to finish it in one sitting! I love that I didn't have to cut & tie ends or join rounds!





Motif #13

This snowflake pattern was found w online... and is titled "Elmo's Snowflake".
www.freewebpages.com/tattings0003
It is quick and simple - working in just 1 round. I love making it - and am making it for my mother-in-law. I tatted several of these this weekend while traveling throughout the state of GA. Each snowflake worked up in about 20 minutes.



Motif #14

This snowflake pattern worked up quickly, even though it was 2 rounds. I tatted it and then used gold metallic thread to tie it to the bangle/bangel. It turned out awesome! (Many thanks to Sue Hanson. She was kind enough to help me acquire the bracelet I needed!! - Super Sweet Sue!!)

I love the way this turned out. I am planning on making more like this for family members.




Motif #15

This pattern was another 2 round pattern. However, it worked up fast. I actually found a similiar pattern and by not paying attention I made errors and this is the result! I do like the way it turned out though. The original pattern was in the book "Tatted Snowflakes" by Patricia Ann Rizzo. On her pattern, the Chain only had 2 picots - I accidentally added a 3rd and did not notice until I finished it and looked at the photo and couldn't figure out why it looked different!

1 comment:

TattingChic said...

Look at all these fabulous snowflakes. Thanks for giving the sources of the books you got them from!!! Awesome!