Thursday, May 15, 2008

25 Motif Challenge



I decided to take the challenge. My challenge is not in tatting 25 motifs. It's in getting the photos and information up on my blog! :-D It's not that I'm not 'computer savvy'. I just rarely have time/camera/tatting/Internet all in the same location!




When I decided to begin the Challenge, I had already been commissioned to make lace for baby blankets. So from time to time I will have to put my Challenge on hold while I whip up 5 yards of edging for a blanket. Simple edging that is suitable for a boy or girl, that's the request/order.





Here's the finished product. I made the lace for this blanket in exchange for the blanket to give to a friend who just had her first grandbaby. I know the blanket will be well loved and cherished.


I began making this edging after I decided to take up the Challenge - but I will not count it as a motif as I will be making many more yards of this lace throughout the year!





MOTIF #1

My first Motif for the 25 Motif Challenge has been completed! I wanted to make a six-sided daisy-like pattern, but I couldn't decide what colors I wanted to use - SO, I opted for a Mossy Green, Mint Green, and Frost Green for the chains/leaves, and Pink, Purple, Maize, Peach, Violet, and Cream for the rings/petals.











1 comment:

yarnplayer said...

I'm very impressed that you can "whip up" 5 yards of tatted edging at a time! The blanket is gorgeous, as are the sweet little motifs.